Weekly Update

I’m going to try to make it more of a priority to do a weekly update (or maybe bi-weekly). Most of the time I don’t have too much to write about: “wrote some code, tested some stuff out, some worked, some didn’t”. I know there is value in recapping the things I’ve done over the week though, at least for right now.

This past week I started to refactor the “third person action rpg” into more of a Diablo style movement and attack scheme:

So most of the core movement and melee type attacks are done. Now I’m just working on ranged attacks.

The other thing I started working on yesterday was a Desert Strike inspired game. I was just messing around with the idea and started prototyping out the idea. I’m not sure where I’ll take it or how complicated it will be, but I’d like to keep it simple and just have a fun action game where you fly around in an attack helicopter and blow stuff up, in a low-poly style world.

Basic movement code is done, and I’m working on the attacking system right now. I did record a pretty funny glitch I introduced by accident. I was working on recognizing forward momentum and slightly titling the helicopter forward. My first test resulted in the magical flipping copter:

So that’s it for this week. If it’s not too crazy I’ll try to update next week as well, and if not, then hopefully the week after.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *