I got a lot done with the underlying code for a few different systems in the game, and started the random generation of the 3d levels.
- Basic inventory system / inventory management for bases and soldiers
- Equipping soldiers with weapons, items, and armor from base storage
- Weapon creation, item creation, and armor creation
- Displaying the inventories, weapons, equipment in base and on soldiers
- Basic framework for 3d level generation
I’ve attached some screenshots of the random level generator. I’m splitting each segment into a tile, and each tile is generated randomly on a grid. The tile generated is dependent on the environment. And the structure within the tile also as an element of randomness in that windows and doors can appear within a random range.
These screenshots are of some 3 tiles with 1 structure tile and some old textures I had.